Project to Combat Child Labor- Ecuador and Panama
Partners of the Americas is seeking Education Specialist candidates for anticipated U.S. Department of Labor program in Ecuador and Panama. This program will focus on eliminating the worst forms of child labor; reducing child labor/forced labor by improving policies to address child labor issues; enhancing monitoring and enforcement of such policies; providing direct delivery of services to children engaged in or at-risk of various forms of child labor and their households in communities where livelihoods are largely impacted; and human trafficking internationally.
The Education Specialist position will provide leadership in developing the technical aspects of the project in collaboration with the Project Director.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a leadership position responsible for developing education interventions and the technical aspects related to the proposed strategy, including student assessment, teacher training, educational materials/curriculum development, educational management, and educational monitoring and information systems
- Significant technical experience in basic and secondary education projects
- Understanding of child labor issues, including special needs of children removed from child labor when they enter/return to school
- Experience working with vulnerable children and their households, preferably in the western hemisphere
- Experience working successfully with Ministries of Education and other government agencies, networks of educators, employers’ organizations, and trade unions or comparable entities
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish
Partners offers a stimulating work environment and competitive benefits. Please send a cover letter and resume by September 14, 2012 to Partners of the Americas by email to email@example.com with “Education Specialist — Ecuador and Panama” in the subject line. For more information on this job opportunity and on Partners of the Americas, visit www.partners.net. Finalists will be contacted.