Stephen G. Vetter
Stephen G. Vetter has served as the President and CEO of Partners of the Americas since 2008. With over 35 years of experience in international and domestic development, Vetter offers a rich background in international voluntary service, grassroots community leadership and developing public-private partnerships to reduce poverty and improve the economic and social development of disadvantaged populations.
Prior to his arrival at Partners, Vetter held a number of executive-level positions at the Inter-American Foundation (IAF), a public corporation dedicated to supporting the self-help efforts of grassroots communities in Latin America and the Caribbean. He also served as the President and CEO of Eureka Communities, a non-profit leadership program that provided fellowship support to inner city leaders working to improve the life conditions of children and families living in poverty.
Vetter has served on a number of philanthropic, nonprofit, and corporate boards and committees. He served as a member of the steering committee of the Council on Foundation's "Philanthropy Along the Border" initiative, on the White House’s "Summit of the America's Civil Society Task Force," and as an advisory council member on the Board of Yankelovitch Partners Inc., a market research firm serving the Fortune 500 companies. Vetter has also served on the boards of Aid to Artisans, The National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy and on the Ford Foundation’s Committee on Social Justice Philanthropy. He currently serves on the Advisory Board of the 911 Fund, The US Center for Citizen Diplomacy and on the board of the Volunteers for Economic Growth Alliance. He is an active Woodrow Wilson Fellow.
Vetter has an MA in Economics from Ohio University, where he also earned his undergraduate BA degree in Economics. He is fluent in Spanish and Portuguese. Vetter is married with three children, and is active in local community and school affairs.
President Vetter is available for limited speaking opportunities. Please fill out this form to indicate your interest and we will follow up with you shortly.
- Aurora University Newsletter Features Woodrow Wilson Visiting Fellow
- Biennial roundtable participants call collaboration vital, Denver Post
- Passing the Torch, Peace Corps Connect Newsletter
- Steve Vetter to Speak at the Professional Fellows Congress
- Steve Vetter to Visit Washington & Lee University as a Woodrow Wilson Fellow
- Partners President & CEO Steve Vetter Invited to Lead Prestigious Workshops at State Dept.
- Partners President & CEO Steve Vetter to Attend Conference on Latin America Economy
- Reflections on A Ganar, Ciudad Juarez
- Passing the Torch: Event in Colombia Ignites Voluntary Spirit... (from WorldView magazine)
Follow President Vetter!