Home > What We Do > Professional Leadership Exchanges > Legislative Fellows
The Legislative Fellows Program is a US Department of State-funded exchange program implemented by Partners of the Americas that aims to bridge civil society and government. Emerging leaders from the United States, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Paraguay participate in short-term fellowships abroad. Apply Now or Meet the Fellows!
- Build sustainable relationships with professionals and organizations in diverse communities around the program themes: citizen advocacy, citizen participation, legislative processes, government transparency and accountability
- Afford Legislative Fellows the opportunity to share their professional expertise and continue their professional development via a dynamic and sustainable network
- Strengthen the capacity of the Legislative Fellows to more effectively enact and engage civil society, government, and legislative processes
Fellowships are customized to be mutually beneficial for Legislative Fellows and host organizations. Fellows work with mentors at their host organization in a host country to design and execute a scope of work, which often includes site visits and on-the-job training. Legislative Fellows have the opportunity to work on new or existing projects, and share his/her best practices.
- Partners places Legislative Fellows in host organizations from all sectors that are engaged in policy formation or influence, transparency, anti-corruption, civic engagement efforts.
- Host organizations also have the opportunity to create and deepen international connections, especially through reciprocal fellowships. In the following fellowship class, the host organization is encouraged to send an employee as a Legislative Fellow to strengthen and maintain its international relationships.
The Legislative Fellows Program is funded by the US Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and implemented by Partners of the Americas.