Partners of the Americas (Partners) seeks a Communications Officer.
The Communications Officer should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelorís degree in Communications, Public Relations, or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 to 5 years work experience in a non-profit, corporate, government, or agency communications environment (or some combination of the above)
- Excellent English writing skills (including knowledge of AP style) and oral and written proficiency in a second language, preferably Spanish. Additionally languages, especially Portuguese, are a strong plus!
- In-depth knowledge of and experience developing content for a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and blogging
- Previous video editing experience with Final Cut Express or similar video editing software
- Prior experience pitching to/ working with/ building relationships with the media
- Familiarity with different online and traditional media evaluation metrics
- Knowledge of and interest in Latin America and international development or volunteering
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team environment, process information quickly, and balance priorities in a timely and professional manner.
Highly desirable, but not required attributes include:
- Knowledge of graphic design and photo editing
- Knowledge of website management and development
- Understanding of brand management or redevelopment
- Event planning or event management experience
This is a full-time (40 hours a week) position in the Washington, DC office which may include occasional travel.
Please submit a writing sample along with your cover letter and resume. The writing sample should be in English and should take the form of a one-page blog post on a topic of your choosing.
To apply, please send a resume, brief cover letter, and your writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please put "Communications Officer" in the subject header). Position is open until filled.
Partners of the Americas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only finalists will be contacted.