Apply to represent the United States as a Youth Ambassador for 4 weeks in the summer of 2012. Selected youth will travel to Washington, DC and Belize on a cultural exchange to learn about leadership, volunteer service and build cross-cultural relationships!
Partners of the Americas, through a program funded by the United States Department of State, is looking for
- participate in promoting mutual understanding between the people of the Caribbean and the U.S.;
- develop a greater sense of civic responsibility and commitment to community development;
- build leadership capacity;
- foster relationships among youth from different ethnic, religious and national groups;
- explore local and national issues and become involved with or contribute to those issues;
- connect to a larger network through long term engagement.
Selected youth will travel from July 10th – August 7th, spending one week in Washington, DC and three weeks in Belize. In Washington, DC, youth will participate in orientations, leadership workshops, site visits and cultural activities. During the exchange in Belize, youth will learn about the local educational system, live with a host family, explore cultural and historic sites, participate in community service activities, attend workshops and plan a project to be implemented upon return to the U.S. Download a Mentor and Youth Ambassador application form to apply!