Partners of the Americas is an international grassroots organization that connects individuals and organizations to serve and change lives through lasting partnerships in the Western Hemisphere. The IT Support Specialist will support Partners’ International Office in Washington, D.C., as well as our consultants, with the implementation of new technology and infrastructure projects. The IT Support Specialist will report to the President and CEO, or his designee, and will work closely with Partners’ IT service providers.
The IT Support Specialist functions include:
- Work closely with Program teams and lead backend development of technology and infrastructure projects including:
- Program and organizational M&E databases in Salesforce;
- Communities of Practice platform in Salesforce or YourMembership;
- Work closely with the Executive team on specific technology and infrastructure projects; these include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Redesign/upgrade of Partners' website;
- Roll out other new IT communications systems in coordination with the senior leadership team; this may include integrating current platforms and/or utilizing new platforms;
- Analyze current IT capabilities in HQ and field programs and recommend options for improved, more effective communications, including use of email, websites, listservs, social media and other platforms, such as YourMembership, SalesForce, Office 365, Teams, SharePoint, and others;
- Work directly with our IT firm to ensure that the services offered are received and implemented effectively and efficiently;
- Provide limited, second-tier support for computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment; this second-tier support should be after users receive Help Desk support from our IT firm;
- Provide backup support: conducting site surveys; current site configurations and user requirements; analyzing existing requirements and preparing specifications for hardware acquisitions; and creating accounts, authorizing access to share drive, and Teams;
- Provide training and support for setting up multimedia for meetings, conferences, and other events; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Information Technology or in related field;
- 2-4 years IT experience with previous experience with Microsoft Cloud and MS Office 365 solutions strongly preferred;
- Salesforce Experience: Familiarity with Custom Dashboard Management and Platform Application; Builder Experience strongly preferred;
- General understanding of how to use SharePoint, MS Teams, and OneDrive for Business required;
- General understanding of common or basic network architecture tasks required.
- Fluency in English required, Spanish a plus;
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and prioritize tasks;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work and lead teams in a multicultural setting; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and excellent attention to detail.
To apply, interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Position is open until filled. Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only finalists will be contacted. Please no calls!