Partners of the Americas, a private voluntary organization engaged in development in the Western Hemisphere, seeks a Colombia Financial & Administrative Assistant for its USAID-funded Farmer-to-Farmer Program in Colombia. The objective of the Farmer-to-Farmer Program is to improve economic opportunities in rural areas of Latin America and the Caribbean by increasing food production and distribution and promoting better farm and marketing operations. Projects in specific countries focus on select agricultural commodity chains, and US volunteers provide specific technical assistance to small and medium producers, agro-processors and others working at all levels of these chains. The Farmer-to-Farmer Program blends two goals: providing people-to-people level exchanges and promoting sustainable economic growth and development.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Financial & Administrative Assistant will perform a range of accounting and administrative services in support of program activities. The Financial & Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Tracking program funds received and spent;
- Reconciling all program accounts on a monthly basis;
- Providing general administrative and accounting functions;
- Providing operational support in program activities;
- Assisting in monitoring program activities by reviewing records, including correspondence, reports, project inputs, budgets and financial expenditures in accordance with F2F and Colombian Government requirements;
- Assisting in the organization of and logistical preparation for workshops, seminars, presentations, visiting volunteers and missions, field trips, etc.
- Preparing letters, reports and other documents as required;
- Administering the filing system; maintaining, logging, filing and updating records in prescribed format for subsequent use;
- Scheduling and providing records of meetings; and
- Coordinating travel arrangements as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must be Colombian citizen living in Bogotá;
- Minimum 2 years of experience with financial, organizational, and administrative work;
- Experience in accounting, financial recordkeeping, and disbursements; and
- Computer skills; Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Internet Access Capability
Interested and qualified candidates should send a résumé and cover letter to Michael Moscarelli at email@example.com, with “Colombia Financial & Administrative Assistant” in the subject heading.