The Business Development Associate position is based in Washington, DC and will provide support to the Strategic Alliances and Communications Unit in implementing the outreach strategy, leading new business opportunities, and responding to solicitations and requests for proposals from the U.S. government (USG), corporate foundations, and other funding sources. The Business Development Associate will report to the Sr. Director, Strategic Alliances and Communications, and work closely with junior level, mid-level, and senior staff to pursue funding opportunities at all stages of the new business development process including opportunity identification, intelligence gathering and donor cultivation, and proposal/concept paper development.
He or she must be able to make sound decisions based on precedent and procedure, multi-task well, manage program teams focused on multiple priorities, identify and solve problems effectively, and have excellent writing and presentation skills.
The Business Development Associate functions include
- Actively participate as a key member of proposal teams by supporting proposal managers in the development of high-quality proposals
- Monitor online donor platforms and resources for new program opportunities; work with program teams to collect information on potential new programming efforts
- Research and analyze donor trends as relevant to strategic organizational priorities
- Review solicitations to identify key requirements and compliance considerations
- Assist in the development of capability statements, past performance documents, and other proposal documentation
- Prepare proposal documents for submission through copy editing, formatting, and ensuring consistency while using strong attention to detail
- Maintain trackers for proposal workflow and opportunity pipelines
- Proposal development skills and experience coordinating proposals with public donors including USAID, U.S. Department of State, USDOL, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and preferably with private donors, including foundations and/or other donors.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, as well as experience developing budgets for new business opportunities.
- Strong problem-solving ability, outstanding interpersonal skills, and strong cross-cultural communication.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; additional duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
This is a full-time position in our Washington, DC office with occasional travel. The Business Development Associate report to the Senior Director, Strategic Alliances and Communications.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to the Senior Director of Strategic Alliances and Communications at email@example.com.
Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note that only finalists will be contacted.