In a hurry? : Skip straight to
When educational institutions collaborate across borders, we create better opportunities for students, greater visibility for the institutions and an improved labor force to meet the needs of today’s employers.
The Higher Education Partnership conference takes an innovative approach to internationalization. We bring together administrators and leaders in Higher Education along with international program managers from across the Americas in a personalized and accessible format to build impactful partnerships. Our event offers the unique opportunity to arrange 1-on-1 meetings and participate in small focus groups in a comfortable and dynamic environment that is unmatchable.
In addition to providing a venue for building strong, new partnerships with peer institutions in the Americas, this year’s Higher Education Partnership conference will focus on how Innovation and Technology are being applied to expand and improve international education. Institutions across the region are developing innovative programs and creatively leveraging technology to expand access, lower costs and improve outcomes of international education.
This year’s conference will also explore three sub-themes; innovations in collaboration, peace building and inclusion through internationalization, and multicultural and multilingual education.
INNOVATIONS IN COLLABORATION
- Successful study abroad and internationalization programs require collaboration across departments, across institutions, and ultimately across borders. How do you successfully build these collaborative teams and partnerships and what innovative approaches have been tested?
PEACE BUILDING AND INCLUSION
- In 2016, Colombia signed historic peace accords with the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), ending the longest-running civil war in the Western Hemisphere. Through the HEP 2018 sub-theme of “Peace Building and Inclusion through Internationalization,” we invite attendees to share how their institutions have contributed to peace building in Colombia and elsewhere, as well as discuss how international education can play a role in building peace, promoting inclusion and equipping those affected by conflict with the skills they need to find employment and succeed in post-conflict scenarios.
MULTICULTURAL AND MULTILINGUAL EDUCATION
- Multicultural and multilingual competencies are critical to success in today’s globalized economy. How are these elements reinforced before, during, and after international programs to ensure that students are gaining the necessary skills? What innovative approaches have been found successful at your institution?
- Interactive workshops and partnership-building activities
- Pre-scheduled one-on-one meetings amongst attending institutions
- Rich panel discussions and trainings on common hurdles and creative solutions
- Training on internationalization for technical and vocational institutions
- Ample opportunity for networking and socializing
- Opportunities to share experiences and models from your home institution
- Get exceptional brand exposure and access to the right decision makers representing higher education institutions across the Americas
- Build new contacts and meet potential clients
- Schedule one-on-one meetings with participants in advance of the event
- Drive traffic to your exhibit booth
- Grow your business
- Hold focus groups to learn how your potential clients perceive your brand, products and services
- Private sector companies seeking marketing opportunities and visibility among internationally engaged higher education institutions
- Local, state and national governments interested in supporting their institutions’ internationalization efforts
- Colleges, universities and technical/vocational institutes looking to expand internationalization and student mobility through partnerships with other higher education institutions
HEP 2017 was attended by a diverse group of over 200 participants from across the Western Hermisphere. Participants included presidents, directors, and administrators from higher education institutions (HEIs) as well as representatives from local, state, and federal governments.
Attendance at HEP 2018 is expected to top 300 and will draw institutions from across the entire region.
- Of the participants, 54% from Latin American and Caribbean countries and 46% from the United States
- 81 Directors and Rectors attended
- 120 Total HEIs
- 39 Vocational and Technical Institutions
- 25 Non-HEI Collaborators
*Participant lists from Partners’ previous higher ed events is available by request
Partners has worked for over 50 years to connect a broad network of higher education institutions to internationalization programming and funding opportunities. Check out some of our current programs:
IN THE AMERICAS
- Innovation network of more than 1,600 institutions
- More than $10 million in private and public sector resources supporting new international higher education partnerships in the Americas
U.S. Undergraduate Study Abroad
- Building institutions’ capacity to engage a greater number and diversity of students, fields of study, and destinations in education abroad
- Connecting college students through service learning, leadership training and international collaboration
Since 2016, Partners has worked to promote internationalization in Colombia through the Misión de Apoyo a la Internacionalización de la Educación Superior (MAIES Colombia), through which Partners implements programs, projects and events that support the international goals of Colombian HEIs.
HAVE AN IDEA TO PROPOSE? Partners can develop a tailored package to meet your needs and budget. Email Ukiah Busch for more info at email@example.com
Promote your company’s products and services in a full-color ad in the conference program and drive more decision-makers to your exhibitor’s booth.
All advertisements are in color. Full page (trim size 8.5” x 11” plus 1/8” bleed on all sides). Ads will be submitted as high resolution pdf files.
Contact us to find out how Partners can help you get your brand in front of institutions from across the Americas.