Join international educators, administrators and stakeholders from across the Americas in sunny Cartagena, Colombia to build strong, new partnerships for internationalization.
This year’s Higher Education Partnership conference will focus on how Innovation and Technology are being applied to expand access, lower costs and improve outcomes of international education.
INNOVATIONS IN COLLABORATION
- Successful study abroad and internationalization programs require collaboration across departments, across institutions, and ultimately across borders. How do you successfully build these collaborative teams and partnerships and what innovative approaches have been tested?
PEACE BUILDING AND INCLUSION
- In 2016, Colombia signed historic peace accords with the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), ending the longest-running civil war in the Western Hemisphere. Through the HEP 2018 sub-theme of “Peace Building and Inclusion through Internationalization,” we invite attendees to share how their institutions have contributed to peace building in Colombia and elsewhere, as well as discuss how international education can play a role in building peace, promoting inclusion and equipping those affected by conflict with the skills they need to find employment and succeed in post-conflict scenarios.
MULTICULTURAL AND MULTILINGUAL EDUCATION
- Multicultural and multilingual competencies are critical to success in today’s globalized economy. How are these elements reinforced before, during, and after international programs to ensure that students are gaining the necessary skills? What innovative approaches have been found successful at your institution?
The conference will also feature a participative, interactive format in which attendees get to share their own experiences and learn directly from their international peers.
- Develop or maintain partnerships for your institution
- Lead or advance internationalization on your campus
- Work in or support any aspect of an international education office
- Provide services or products that support the field of international education
- Would like to expand your network of international peers
- Structured time for one-on-one partnership building meetings scheduled in advance or at the event through a dynamic event app
- Support from Partners of the Americas staff to identify potential partners based on your institution’s programs and interests
- Opportunities to participate in coached, interactive sessions designed to produce advanced partnerships ready for implementation
- On-site partnership building support from experts in higher education collaboration
- Rich panel discussions and training sessions on common hurdles and creative solutions
- Pre- and post-event networking activities
- Opportunities to formalize and announce partnerships on the spot, at the event