Career Connections: Seminars for U.S. Exchange Alumni
Regional professional development seminars coming soon to a city near you!
You lived abroad through a U.S. government sponsored exchange program—now what will you do with that experience? Career Connections: Seminars for U.S. Exchange Alumni are built to support you in answering this important question.
Be among the first to participate in this exciting new seminar series! Applications for the seminar in Denver, CO will open soon.
- Raleigh, North Carolina on February 21st – 22nd, 2019. Preference will be given to alumni who live in Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi and Tennessee. Location: DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh Brownstone-University. Applications closed.
- Denver, Colorado on April 25th – 26th, 2019. Preference will be given to alumni who live in Colorado, Montana, Utah and Wyoming. Application period and venue location to be determined.
How will you benefit?
- Foster a sense of shared identity while growing your professional network;
- Hear from expert speakers and trainers;
- Participate in hands-on skills development workshops;
- Meet fellow exchange alumni;
- Leave with effective tools and resources to map your career.
Overview of Seminar Topics*
- Career Coaching: targeted support in polishing cover letters, resumes, and navigating the federal job search.
- Translating the Exchange Experience for Professional Development: guidance for alumni in translating their stories into concise, clear, and impactful language that highlights transferable skills and sharpens their ability to communicate their professional value in the job market.
- Best Practices & Advice on Breaking into Field of Interest: including tips on the art of networking, the value of pursuing graduate studies, and skills areas they honed in order to be successful in their field.
*Note that the above list is not exhaustive and is subject to change as the finalized agenda becomes available.
- All U.S. Citizens (18 – 35 years old) who are alumni of U.S. government-sponsored people-to-people exchange programs are eligible to apply;
- Preference will be given to Alumni who live in the target states within the region for each seminar.
- Full availability to participate in all activities of the 2-day seminar.
- Mid-career professional (no age ceiling);
- Can speak about best practices in career building, with a focus on how to translate skills gained abroad into success at home;
- Professional networks in the targeted seminar region preferred.
Don’t live in any of the eligible states for this seminar? Don’t worry — there will be seminars held across the U.S. throughout the year.
The U.S. Exchange Alumni Network and Capacity Building Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and supported in its implementation by Partners of the Americas.